Pages

Wednesday 22 May 2013

My Weekly Poem.


WALT read a poem and analyse the language features of a poem. This will help us think poetically so that we can write a similar poem to share with others.

May my friendships always be.
The most important thing to me.
With special friends I feel I'm blessed.
So let me give my very best.
I want to do much more than share.
The hopes and plans of friends who care.
I’ll try all that a friend can do.
To make their secret dreams come true.
Let me use my heart to see.
To realize what friends can be,
And make no judgements from afar.
But love my friends the way they are.


1. Summarise the poem you have read in your own words.
  • The poem I read this week is about friendship and how we should like our friends the way there are.

2. Identify at least 2 different language features in the poem and give examples. You can identify more than 2 language features.

  • One of the language features in this poem is a rhyming . Here is an example of this language feature I want to do much more than share.
                                 The hopes and plans of friends who care.
  • Another language feature in this poem is a symbolise .Here is an example of this language feature I’ll try all that a friend can do.
                 To make their secret dreams come true.

3. Evaluate (which means reflect and give your opinion) the author’s purpose for writing this poem - in your answers include the words: inform, entertain, persuade.

  • By analysing the poem I have read this week I think the author wrote this poem because how he liked his best friend just the way he/she is.
  • The author was informing the audience about friendship.
  • The author was entertaining the audience by emotion language.
  • The author is trying to persuade the audience to think about the last day you have with your best friend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment